Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Journal 1: August 26

It was the first day of class for WRA 210 and I had no idea what to expect. Will it be about posting work online (blogging), writing in some form of online style, dealing with bosses across the world? Etc?

Well, it deals with the etcetera part.

This isn't a bad thing. I have always been curious about this thing they call "HTML." Now I get to learn and use it. I like the idea of that! Yes, this class will push my boundaries a little, but that's okay. That's why I transfered to MSU in the first place.

Those boundaries have already been pushed, by the way. In the assigned reading, I learned that writing for the Web is much different than writing for print. My style lends itself to print a little easier, so that wasn't the greatest news. I'm adaptable, though. I'm going to make sure I get good at this.

The design aspect of the reading was already way over my head, and this was day one. I've got a challenge in store for me!

Today I learned that good Web authoring must be kept short...

No comments: