Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Journal 2: August 27

Another day is winding to a close. After immersing myself in math, Spanish, and work, I've just completed a marathon of homework relating to the still-unknown-to-me world of computers.

I can now define several technical terms, though I'm not at all familiar with how to use their wares. Although I'm convinced I'll be able to use them eventually, just learning what they are is tough enough for now. It really is like learning another language.

But, hey, the best rewards are the ones that are hardest to achieve, so I'm optimistic.

An unexpected but not surprising side-effect of this homework is the broadening of my Internet horizons. Yes, I knew it was a vast world, but the pure scope of things boggles my mind once I leave my narrow path of interests. It's an enjoyable journey, and I hope it leads me to a wider understanding of computers and systems.

No comments: