Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Journal 9: September 16

Zeldman has me thinking.

He says 99% of Web sites are outdated. How can this be? Aren't there huge amounts of Web developers out there making creations with the latest technology? What do they do all day?

Well, I guess the question was answered a bit in a YouTube video shown in class explaining the demands of Web authors. They have to deal with no-nothing bosses, page redesigns, and clients with unrealistic demands.

So I guess that answers my question.

But there are so many sites out there that seem just fine. I believe I mentioned Yahoo in a previous post. Yahoo performs its functional duties, but it's still outdated? I wonder what other popular sites are there are also dinos?

The real question is: If these sites are outdated, what will up-to-date sites look like?

Really, I guess I have a lot to learn.

1 comment:

RJD said...

With all the content that has been produced and published to the web - the latter portion the part many people forget about - there is no easy solution to "fix" it all. What we can do as web authors is make sure we are considering all the aspects of the content and structuring our pages in such a way to assist in updating and maintaining.