Monday, December 1, 2008

Journal 52: December 1

I've been thinking a lot about the economy lately. I'm not scared of the future by any means, I'm just curious as to what could happen. What would happen if we had another Great Depression in this era? There are countless answers to that question, of course, but what would happen specifically to technology? Would there be a decline in Web sites because people couldn't afford computers, Internet access, Web hosting, etc.? Or would the costs go so far down that everyone would get involved, further incorporating the Web in with our culture? Or would all of this just... disappear? Our society is so dependent on technology, it seems that some people would almost cease to exist without it - they'd lose their source of income, their livelihood, their talents. Because of that aspect, I don't feel that it's possible for the Internet to completely go away. I hope it doesn't. This is giving me a headache.

No comments: