Sunday, November 9, 2008

Journal 37: November 9

I'm still not sold on my Web site for my final project. I mean, the design is fine, the content is fine, I'm happy with the ideas for it. It's just the color scheme that's bothering me. My favorite color is orange. I think it's a fairly warm, inviting color. It represents individuality, hard work, and it's pleasant to look at as long as it's not too bright. But I don't know if everyone agrees on those things. Orange also looks like Halloween when paired with black, which is not okay 364 days of the year. It's too bright for white text, looks bad with red text, etc. Basically, there are very few colors that will work with it in a color scheme where orange is the background. Pretty much purple, blue, and green. Now, I don't really care for the color purple. Blue is great, but people could easily get the text confused with links. That leaves green. A green and orange color scheme looks really good. For the non-colorblind. Oops. I guess that's one of the prices to pay for maximum accessibility.

No comments: