Sunday, November 9, 2008

Journal 44: November 9

Photoshop is one program that had a reputation I could never understand until now. It was used in my Journalism classes back when that was my major, so I have tried to use it before. But the thing is, because of the classes I was in, and the program's name, I only assumed it was for photos. And, yes, it worked well for retouching pictures, but I've used other programs for that, too. I guess I thought Photoshop was just an expensive way for obsessive photographers to tweak their work. But that all changed this week. I realized that it can also be used for designing. And lots of designing it can do. In fact, it seems like Photoshop is an essential program to have if I want to work with Web sites in the future. I can make my own logos and pictures. That means I don't have to rely on clip art. Yes, there is a lot of clip art out there, but it's not guaranteed to look good with my Web site. I can use Photoshop to insure that any of my images do work. Cool!

No comments: